Pages

Laptop touchpad/Trackpad Lagging[FIXED]

Laptop touchpad/Trackpad Lagging[FIXED]
My laggy touchpad’s story:
My laptop’s touchpad suddenly started lagging just after I used to boot it up. It would work fine for a few minutes but then it stops working ,sometimes the cursor won’t move,sometimes it moves horizontally or vertically only,and sometimes it worked even if I hover my finger above the touchpad without touching it. So I tried following things:-
1.Update the touchpad driver(Didn’t work in my case though)-
 In my case the driver was Synaptics one, so I googled my laptops latest driver and downloaded the latest version compatible.
It didn’t worked in my case.
                 
I NOTICED ONE THING THAT WHEN I UNINSTALLED THE DRIVER COMPLETELY AND BOOTED, IT BEHAVED THE SAME WAY(IT LAGGED), AND WHEN I INSTALLED THE LATEST DRIVER IT AGAIN LAGGED,THEN I REINSTALLED THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF DRIVER I HAD AND THE PROBLEM WAS STILL THERE , THIS MADE CLEAR THAT IN MY CASE THE PROBLEM WAS NOT RELATED TO DRIVERS …
2.Reset the device(worked in my case)-
To reset
Just go to control panel->mouse
Or
Control panel->hardware and sound->mouse(must be in sub options under devices and printers)

When you will click mouse a new small window will open up just click on the last tab “Device Setting”
Select your device if there are multiple options(there was only one in my case ,the Synaptics Touchpad v7.5).
Then Click at Reset Device button(just above OK button).
And you are done !!

 I had to reset my touchpad device every time I used to boot my laptop, but after 4-5 days it got fixed on its own,I think its due to abnormal charging and discharging of laptop, I would prefer to charge your laptop first then use it. Don’t charge it while using it ,atleast for a few days ,and recharge it when its off.

Happy to help .. leave comments if need further guidance or any related help ……….



4 comments:

  1. didnt work for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. #2 seemed to work for me, so thanks! I'm still going to take my laptop to best buy and ask if it's this particular laptop that's the problem...

    ReplyDelete
  3. worked for me thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for some other informative blog. Where else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal means? I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information. laptop

    ReplyDelete